Senior Business Operations Manager
- Bay Area (Millbrae, CA)
We are looking for a Senior Business Operations Associate who is a jack of all trades. We are looking for a dynamic problem solver to take on a variety of strategic, operational, and analytical projects to drive growth. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, committed to learning and personal development, a team player, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Through cross functional partnerships with our Product, Engineering, and Business teams you will leverage your strong business acumen and technical skills to derive valuable business solutions. This is a great opportunity to strengthen current skills, learn new ones, and broaden your responsibilities as there are multiple paths for growth in this role. We’ve rolled out to our current list of stores through hard work, trial and error, and creative solutions. You will create the tools, processes, and procedures to help us to the next thousand stores.
- Deliver strategic projects for our leadership that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our various businesses and develop deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Serve as the connective tissue of a cross-functional team working to share knowledge and drive people towards a common goal
- Identify, diagnose and resolve performance issues
- Communicate effectively across all levels (within the team, to cross-functional partners, to leadership / executives)
- Streamline launch processes with partner chains as we continue to onboard new grocery chain partners
- Own company KPIs. Analyze, track, and communicate companywide performance to leadership
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of work experience in a business operations role for a startup
- 3+ years of work experience managing complex projects from start to finish
Ideal candidates have:
- Experience with SQL
- Background in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, strategy or an operational or growth role within a technology company
- Previous account management experience
With over $1.2 trillion in annual sales, grocery is the final frontier of retail not yet disrupted by technology. Swiftly is an early stage startup with real clients building the technology platform that supermarkets will use to compete with the online giants who have conquered other retail markets. Swiftly makes it cheaper, easier, and faster to shop at your local grocery store while improving profitability for the store.
Working For Swiftly
We are working on a set of problems that require the best software engineers in the industry to get right. Our engineers are the pillars of the future of the company and they are treated and compensated as such. We're a small team of experienced industry professionals building an organization that can solve tough problems and values a collaborative environment.
Every Swiftly engineer:
- Is a seasoned senior or principal engineer with many years of industry experience working on big, complex projects
- Has demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Considers software development a craft that they're on a lifetime journey to master
- Will not settle for anything less than clean, SOLID, testable code
- Takes ownership of their domain from the ground up, from architectural decisions to coding to testing to operations
- Takes pride in keeping a tidy house with minimal technical debt
- Leaves their ego at the door and ensures the best idea leaves the room
- Is always experimenting with new technologies and learning new skillsets
If you've ever wanted to work on a project that blends a gorgeous consumer experience, sophisticated logistics, and scale that rivals the largest technology players, Swiftly is the place for you.
Senior team of seasoned professionals
Work on an experienced team with other industry-leading engineers who view software engineering as a craft. Sleep well at night knowing that you're backed up by an equally top-notch business team.
Precision and purpose with a balanced life
We're focused on moving precisely and with purpose. We know that you can't sprint non-stop. We believe that precise execution by seasoned talent will outcompete frenzied hackathons.
Participate in the upside
Our team is the pillar of the future of the company and its members are compensated as such.
We help you stay healthy with medical, dental, and vision insurance