Senior Development Engineer
- Millbrae, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Remote Opportunities
We're looking for somebody to define what quality means and ensure a small, experienced engineering team releases high quality products with maximum efficiency. You can keep the complexity of a large service in your head and know where to focus test automation to reduce risk and increase the team’s efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- 5+ years of industry experience designing, building, and maintaining test automation for complex services
- Proven ability to collaborate with engineers to define and defend test standards and ensure the release of a high-quality product and a testable codebase
- Proven ability to set standards to ensure a codebase is verifiable including architecting unit, integration, and functional tests and application usage, monitoring and alerting
- Experience with JUnit and XCTests or experience on a diversity of comparable test frameworks
- Full-stack software quality experience with a mix of services and client products
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Ideal candidates have a mix of startup and large software company experience
With over $1.2 trillion in annual sales, grocery is the final frontier of retail not yet disrupted by technology. Swiftly is an early stage startup with real clients building the technology platform that supermarkets will use to compete with the online giants who have conquered other retail markets. Swiftly makes it cheaper, easier, and faster to shop at your local grocery store while improving profitability for the store.
Working For Swiftly
We are working on a set of problems that require the best software engineers in the industry to get right. Our engineers are the pillars of the future of the company and they are treated and compensated as such. We're a small team of experienced industry professionals building an organization that can solve tough problems and values a collaborative environment.
Every Swiftly engineer:
- Is a seasoned senior or principal engineer with many years of industry experience working on big, complex projects
- Has demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Considers software development a craft that they're on a lifetime journey to master
- Will not settle for anything less than clean, SOLID, testable code
- Takes ownership of their domain from the ground up, from architectural decisions to coding to testing to operations
- Takes pride in keeping a tidy house with minimal technical debt
- Leaves their ego at the door and ensures the best idea leaves the room
- Is always experimenting with new technologies and learning new skillsets
If you've ever wanted to work on a project that blends a gorgeous consumer experience, sophisticated logistics, and scale that rivals the largest technology players, Swiftly is the place for you.
Senior team of seasoned professionals
Work on an experienced team with other industry-leading engineers who view software engineering as a craft. Sleep well at night knowing that you're backed up by an equally top-notch business team.
Precision and purpose with a balanced life
We're focused on moving precisely and with purpose. We know that you can't sprint non-stop. We believe that precise execution by seasoned talent will outcompete frenzied hackathons.
Participate in the upside
Our team is the pillar of the future of the company and its members are compensated as such.
We help you stay healthy with medical, dental, and vision insurance